Drinking 8 glasses of water daily is an easy task, right?
If you just thought, ‘yeah, of course,’ you probably never tried to do it.
As simple as the task sounds and as important as water is, you’re usually very busy to give it your time of the day. So, the seemingly easy task turns into a dull nagging at the back of your head—always there, glaring at you behind judgy eyes.
That’s where Liquid IV comes in.
The Hydration Multiplier hydrates faster than water, tastes great, and is convenient to no end. So what’s the catch?
Let's find out.
Liquid IV in a Nutshell
In a nutshell, Liquid IV is an electrolyte drink mix that hydrates your body faster and more efficiently than water. It’s essentially made for athletes and swimmers who lose a lot of sweat during the day and need to compensate for it, but anyone suffering from dehydration can use it.
The drink mix is free from gluten and soy, and it’s non-GMO, giving it leverage over some competitors.
According to the manufacturers, Liquid IV is powered by CTT or Cellular Transport Technology. This technology is basically a combination of ingredients carefully tailored to hydrate your body faster than water can.
The way Liquid IV works, it has a higher solute concentration than water. So it delivers fluids faster into your bloodstream.
What Is Liquid IV Made Of?
Liquid IV packs a long list of ingredients. Here’s a brief bit about each ingredient and what it means for your body:
- Sodium: sodium is the main ingredient of Liquid IV. Each stick supposedly contains 500 milligrams of the mineral.
- Glucose: glucose is included in Liquid IV’s ingredients to improve its taste and promote its absorption into the blood.
- Potassium: Potassium is mainly responsible for delivering nutrients into your bloodstream. Each stick of Liquid IV supposedly contains 380 milligrams.
- Vitamin B12: B12 speeds up the conversion of food into glucose, giving your body more energy in a shorter time.
- Vitamin B6: B6 is among the ingredients of Liquid IV because it balances the amount of amino acids in your body.
- Vitamin C: vitamin C promotes healing, supports your muscles, and repairs tissues. It’s one of the most prominent ingredients of Liquid IV.
- Stevia leaf extract: Liquid IV contains organic stevia for flavoring purposes. It contains zero calories yet tastes sweeter than sugar.
- Organic flavors: Aside from stevia, Liquid IV uses organic sources for flavoring, mainly fruits.
The Pros of Liquid IV
Here are Liquid IV’s pros and reasons you should add it to your cart:
- It’s ideal for athletes, runners, and swimmers who use up a lot of water daily while working out
- It uses organic flavors, and it contains vitamins B5, B6, B12, B3, and C.
- It provides immune support because of the Zinc and citric acid in it
- It’s available in plenty of flavors to suit different tastes
- It’s non-GMO, soy-free, and gluten-free.
- It comes in multiple variants that help with sleep, give you more energy, promote your digestive health, etc.
- The single-serve sticks are convenient and easy to use.
- Free shipping
The Downsides of Liquid IV
No product comes empty of downsides, and Liquid IV is no exception. Here are some reasons you may want to rethink buying it:
- Its high content of sodium is risky for some people
- It contains more sugar than some would prefer
- It may be expensive to keep using it in the long run
Who Shouldn’t Use Liquid IV?
As good as Liquid IV is at hydrating your body in a short time, it’s still no match for water. While anyone can drink water, not everyone can use Liquid IV. It’s safe for children and adults alike, but some people with certain health conditions can’t consume it.
If you have high blood pressure, you may want to consult your doctor before using it. The high sodium content may be risky for you.
Likewise, if you have any cardiovascular or kidney diseases, it’s a must to ask the doctor first. The same goes if you have a chronic digestive disease.
Lastly, it’s recommended for people with a history of diabetes to run check-ups before using Liquid IV because it contains a considerable amount of sugar.
Liquid IV: Frequently Asked Questions
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about Liquid IV, in case you have any doubts.
How much sugar does Liquid IV contain?
Each single-serve stick of Liquid IV contains about 11 grams of sugar. It may be more than necessary for users with a history of diabetes or high blood pressure. Plus, it’s a downside for users on a calorie-deficit diet.
Is Liquid IV bad for high blood pressure?
A doctor should be the one to clear that out, but Liquid IV is generally not good for users with high blood pressure. It contains a relatively large amount of sodium, which isn’t recommended for hypertension patients.
How can I use Liquid IV?
All you have to do is pour the powder inside the single-serve stick into an empty glass. Then, add around 16 ounces of water and mix it well.
Keep in mind that the amount of water recommended by the manufacturers gets you the most benefits out of the product. So, make sure not to add less or more water.
The Final Verdict: Is Liquid IV Good?
Liquid IV is a pretty good product for hydration. It provides instant hydration for athletes and those suffering from dehydration. However, it’s not recommended for diabetes patients and people with high blood pressure.
But all in all, Liquid IV is worth consideration. According to the manufacturers, it doesn’t have major side effects, and it’s pretty easy to use.
If you don’t mind the high cost of using it for a long time, it's a recommendation from me.