February 3, 2023
I recently bought the Fancii Vera Light to enhance my makeup routine, and I can say, it's been a welcome upgrade from the stick-on LED strip I've currently got suctioned to the mirror.
If you're someone who applies makeup, you know the struggle. Poorly lit bathrooms make it a necessity to have some extra lighting. Enter Vera.
Not going to lie, the packaging for this light was surprisingly nice. It comes in a snugly packed box with nice little design details, and the image on the box shows you exactly how large the light is going to be.
Once you pop off the outside cover, you're greeted with a small box on the inside with the product name visible.
There is a little strap peeking out that allows you to easily take off the cover without having to dig around too much.
I purchased the rose gold Vera, and the box was a beautiful dusty pink color. I would be curious to see if each box is color coordinated based on which model you choose. If so, that's a great detail. It's all about the little things, right?
Once the cover is off, you get to see the light in all of its beauty.
The mirror has a thin film protecting it, which of course, is satisfying to peel off.
There is also a little instruction card in the box that goes over some basic details of the light.
This includes things like what's in the box, how to charge and turn on the light, how to use the touch controls to change the lighting mode and dim settings, and your standard warnings and battery disposal tips.
Thankfully, the Vera light comes mostly assembled, and all you have to do is attach the base of the light to the stem. They've included 2 screws as well as a screwdriver, so you don't need to have any extra tools handy.
I also like how they've included these soft rubber pads on the bottom, which keeps the light pretty stationary on the counter even if I bump it in my half-asleep morning state while I try to put on my face.
They also threw in an extra rubber pad, which covers the two screws that connect everything together. Nice touch!
A classy design
I appreciate the minimalist design of the Fancii Vera light as well, considering how much of an eyesore other lights can be.
With three color options available (rose gold, chrome, black) I decided to go with the rose gold version to add a little splash of color to my white bathroom.
The mirror's sleek, modern design with its surprisingly easy to change 45-degree tilt is visually appealing, and the touch controls are simple and easy to use for adjusting the lighting.
Additionally, the LED lights and controls are all one piece with the mirror surface itself, making cleaning far easier than I thought it would be. No worries about getting cleaner in a spot where it doesn't belong.
As a bonus, the base is a unique open ring shape, which allows me to keep my makeup essentials within reach.
Well thought out functionality
The Fancii Vera light is more than just aesthetically pleasing. It comes equipped with a variety of features that make my makeup routine more pleasant.
It has specific modes that mimic different environments - Soft White for evening skincare, Neutral White for precision tasks, and Natural Daylight for makeup application.
The light is eco-friendly and energy-efficient, and its rechargeable battery lasts up to 9 hours on a single charge.
See that little port on the back? That's used to charge the light with the provided micro usb cable.
I typically only have it plugged in when the battery runs out, otherwise that cable can be nicely tucked away in a drawer so that there are no unneeded cords to get tangled up in (like we don't have enough cords in the bathroom).
Like everything else around the apartment, I do wish that they went with a simple USB-C cable since I have so many extras floating around.
A specific kind of light
One of the key features of the Fancii Vera light is its high color rendering index (CRI) of 95+. But what does that mean?
A high Color Rendering Index (CRI) in lighting for a makeup mirror is crucial for a variety of reasons. It plays a significant role in how colors appear in a given light source, and it can greatly impact the accuracy of makeup application.
The CRI value is a measurement of how closely a light source replicates the colors of an ideal or natural light source, with a higher CRI value indicating more accurate color rendering.
Here's why you should care:
- Natural-looking colors: With a high CRI, colors appear more vivid, true-to-life, and consistent, giving you a better idea of what your makeup actually looks like, avoiding any color-casting or color distortion.
- Improved makeup application: By having accurate color representation, it's easier to see subtle differences in shade, making it easier to apply makeup evenly and precisely, and making sure that it looks the same in different lighting conditions.
- Confidence: A high CRI means you can trust that your makeup is flawless, which gives you the confidence to tackle the day with ease.
- Enhanced mood: Natural-looking colors can have a positive impact on mood, reducing eye strain, and creating a comfortable and inviting environment.
Pros and Cons
- Beautiful design makes me want to leave it out on the bathroom counter.
- Loads of light settings (and dimming functionality!) to help nail the look.
- Doesn't need to be plugged in to work. This means I can do my makeup wherever I want to set up camp.
- I've got a fairly small bathroom, so the larger footprint of the light does take up a bit of counter space.
- My bathroom doesn't have a seating set-up, so I end up bending down to the counter. Not ideal. Just something to keep in mind.
If you have poor lighting in your bathroom, the Fancii Vera light would be an excellent addition to your setup. Its clean and elegant design, multiple color options, and high-quality construction levels up the makeup routine.
Two thumbs up from me.